eSolutionsGroup has established this accessibility statement to demonstrate our commitment to offering goods and services that are barrier-free and inclusive, treating all people with dignity and supporting their independence.
We deliver digital solutions that are accessible, according to requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Meeting Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA is a best practice integrated directly into our project management and quality assurance (QA) processes.
Beyond a legislative requirement, inclusiveness is just good business. eSolutions provides Accessibility training for clients writing for websites and documents that will be shared with the public. Among our best practices is the POUR test:
- Perceivable: Content needs to be perceivable in multiple ways (both seeing and hearing)
- Operable: User should be able to use the site via various input methods (not everyone uses a mouse)
- Understandable: The content and navigation of your website must be understandable by its visitors
- Robust: Robust websites work similarly across different platforms (operating systems, browsers and mobile devices)
We take pride in providing our clients with the proper tools and training to move forward with accessible web content so they can communicate and connect with all people. Our Writing for the Web training includes best practices for accessible content. Think HALT:
- Headings:Have you used enough headings in your document? Are they laid out correctly?
- Alt Text:Do your images have descriptive alt text?
- Links:Is your link text descriptive? Do not use words like "click here."
- Tables:Do your tables have headers?
eSolutions believes in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and strive to ensure that our policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the intentions and objectives of the AODA, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act.